Learn How We Work At Takoma Park Alternative Care
We employ a personalized style of cannabinoid and lifestyle medicine that approaches chronic medical conditions with a focus on addressing the core imbalances or underlying causes rather than just treating the symptoms.
Though not complete, these conditions typically respond to cannabis and qualify for certification in DC, MD, VA, and CA:
- Autoimmune Dis
- Chronic Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Mood Disorders
- Opioid Addiction
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Restless Leg
- Sleep Apnea
At Takoma Park Alternative Care, you’ll be assessed by a doctor who makes cannabis recommendtations geared to your specific symptoms and cannabis experience.
As such, our integrative medicine approach under the guidance of Dr. Patricia Frye is based on the following:
- Complementary to and inclusive a variety of treatment modalities
- Holistically oriented, focusing on mind, body and spirit
- Focuses on optimal health – not just the absence of symptoms or dis-ease
- Requires patient to take an active role in health creation
- Acknowledges multi-factorial nature of complex situation, requiring a multi-dimensional approach
- A preference for natural, non-toxic therapies – harnessing the body’s ability to heal itself
How It Works
We make a thorough review of your medical condition and make recommendations based on your age, cannabis experience, and condition(s). DC and MD residents will have to register for address verification.
Virginia and California
First meet with a registered doctor who will provide you with an Affirmative Defense certificate. Then register with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy to complex your certification.
How Medical Cannabis Works
Not only have I have personally seen the benefits of cannabis therapy for these conditions, I have done my homework and understand WHY it is effective in regulating so many bodily functions.
Most conditions respond to CBD strains of cannabis that have relatively small amounts, if any, THC and therefore, no psychoactivity.
Strains that work well for insomnia have THC but promote a restorative sleep that leaves patients feeling rested and refreshed upon awakening. Small amounts of THC are mood elevating and help patients with mild depression.
Strains that are exceptional in treating chronic pain have THC but at the right dose, will alleviate pain, distract you from your pain, and leave you clear minded, focused, and productive.
If you or someone you know is suffering from any of these conditions, or are suffering from the side effects of medications that we typically use to treat these conditions (opiates, anxiety meds, and muscle relaxants in particular), you owe it to yourself to consider medicinal cannabis as an alternative or adjunct to your therapeutic regimen.
It’s Not About Getting High…
Using medicinal cannabis does not have to be what you experienced in college. It can be, if the dose is high, but at low to moderate doses, it’s an amazing regulator of pain, inflammation, mood, and spasticity.
Our mission is to provide quality and responsible care for patients who desire a natural alternative for treating problems like:
- chronic pain
- irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- muscle spasms
- diabetic or HIV neuropathic pain
- arthritis (psoriatic, degenerative, rheumatoid, and gouty)
- PMS/menstrual pain
- opiate, benzodiazepine, and muscle relaxant dependency
- spasticity associated with MS
- agitation and poor appetite associated with Alzheimer’s
- Cancer patients benefit from cannabis’ ability to diminish pain and nausea, while increasing appetite and a sense of wellbeing.
Wonder If Takoma Park Alternative Care Is Right For You?
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Takoma Park Alternative Care is right for you.